Application for Inclusion in the QWF “Hire a Writer” Directory:
We are accepting applications for writers who wish to be included in the directory on an ongoing basis.
To apply, you must be a current QWF member and meet at least one of the following criteria for each category you are applying for:
- have already had at least one book published with a recognized publisher (i.e., not self-published)
- have had at least five texts published in recognized journals (print or online)
- have had at least one screenplay for cinema or television produced by a producer recognized by the CALQ or SODEC
- have had at least one dramatic work either published by a recognized publisher or performed by a professional company.
Note that meeting the above criteria does not guarantee inclusion in the directory.
All applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Hire A Writer – Author’s Name”
Send an email with the following information in the body of the email:
- The genre(s) in which you are qualified to coach or edit
- Your relevant professional experience for each genre you are applying for (e.g., teaching, mentoring, professional editing, corporate writing)
- A list of publications, including year of publication, for each genre you are applying for
- A link to your professional web site or Linked-In page
- Your hourly rate for comparable work
In addition, we invite you to attach your CV to the email message.
Please allow two to four weeks for a response.
Selected writers will be asked to pay a $25 annual fee in order to cover QWF’s administration costs.
For questions, contact Lori Schubert at email@example.com or 514-933-0878.